[clean-list] Nested loops and FFT implementation

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi@kfunigraz.ac.at
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:31:38 +0100

Is there a general rule in Clean or advice how I can handle the following:

I have 3 nested lops of the following scheme (FFT implementaion):

for i=1 to m
   variables (which are used in next loop)
        for j=1 to n
           variables (which are used in next loop)
              for k=j to p STEP s
                    part-solution of the arrays a and b
              next k
                 variable (needed  in k-loop)
         next j
next i

I have now clue how I can implement this in Clean. I tried it, but after a while I
was not able to follow my code furthermore.

I have a paper which discusses the implementaion of the FFT in functional
languages. But:
a) the FFT implementaion via lists is impossible to unterstand (the FFT itself is
not easy to grasp; Cooley&Tookey with loops is  most clear).

R.
S. Gonzi