[clean-list] Serializing Atomic Data Types...

F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:15:41 +0100 (MET)

John van Groningen wrote:
=========
>Is there an efficient means to convert Reals and Ints to their binary
>representation stored in a String, and back ?

For integers you can use >> and toChar, e.g.:

(snip)

For reals you could use the following (not really Clean) functions, to split
a 64 bit real representation into two 32 bit integers:

(snip)
=========
I guess serialization will be a good candidate for generic programming that recently found its way onto Nijmegen's priority list.

Another candidate could be making a copy of a (not essentially)unique object.

Regards Erik Zuurbier