[clean-list] Some questions from a new user

Paul Moore gustav@morpheus.demon.co.uk
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 21:34:09 -0000

Hi,
I have just found out about Clean, and I am very interested in it. However,
I have a couple of fairly basic questions:

1. If I want to compile a Clean program without using the IDE, can I do so?
Trying to compile the e.icl example from the distribution using cocl e.icl
gives an error message "Syntax error [e.icl,9,<module>]: StdEnv could not be
imported".

2. Console-mode programs like e.icl run fine, but when they finish, they
pause and set the console title to say "press enter to close". This is
obviously useful for console-mode programs which are run via a double-click,
but for programs run from the command line, this is very annoying. Is it
possible to set a compile flag (somewhere) which disables this? I've checked
the various application options in the IDE, but I can't see anything
obvious...

Thanks,
Paul Moore