[clean-list] Passing an environment around

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Romildo_Malaquias?= romildo@urano.iceb.ufop.br
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 05:17:39 -0200

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 10:39:31AM +1300, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
> I note that one of the features of the O'Caml system is that it has a
> preprocessor interface where you can plug in the syntax of your choice
> (if I've understood the manual right).  And the hbc compiler for Haskell
> from Chalmers is "really" the LML compiler with a different parser.
>
> Perhaps the Clean team might consider providing something like O'Caml's
> front end so that people could experiment with different syntaxes (e.g.,
> one that uses if _ then _ else) while still taking advantage of a great
> compiler.

That would certainly allow the hiding of some parameters I would
like to pass implicitly in function calls, solving my problem
with environment passing around. The translation process would
include the missing (that is implicit passed) parameters before
the Clean compiler is invoked.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias <romildo@iceb.ufop.br>