[clean-list] Clean on (Debian) Linux

Engelen arnouten@sci.kun.nl
27 Sep 2000 16:12:31 CEST

|> >  This is a bug in the make program (the make program should definitely not abort). It won't happen if you upgrade your
|> >  make program to the latest version (make-3.79.1) which you can get from any GNU ftp server.

Sorry, I made a mistake in that last mail. I have now done a proper 'make
install' (changing the variables in the makefile to
the right directories on my system (/usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib and
/usr/share/man).

Unfortunately, the compiler still doesn't totally work, but there is some
progress:

arnout@sirach:~/progs/clean$ clm week38
Compiling week38
Syntax error [week38.icl,3,<module>]: StdEnv could not be imported

however:

arnout@sirach:~/progs/clean$ clm -V
clm - Clean make (version 1.3.1)
	clean_lib_directory =
		/usr/local/lib/exe
	clean_default_path_list =
		/usr/local/lib/stdenv
	assembler_file_name =
		/usr/bin/as
	linker_file_name =
		/usr/bin/gcc
	crt0_file_name =
		crt1.o
	ld_args =

and

arnout@sirach:~/progs/clean$ ls /usr/local/lib/stdenv
Clean System Files  StdCharList.icl  StdEnum.icl  StdInt.dcl
StdOverloaded.dcl  _SystemArray.dcl
StdArray.dcl	    StdClass.dcl     StdEnv.dcl   StdList.dcl
StdOverloaded.icl  _SystemEnum.dcl
StdArray.icl	    StdClass.icl     StdEnv.icl   StdList.icl	  StdReal.dcl
     _SystemEnum.icl
StdBool.dcl	    StdDebug.dcl     StdFile.dcl  StdMisc.dcl	  StdString.dcl
     _startup.dcl
StdChar.dcl	    StdDebug.icl     StdFunc.dcl  StdOrdList.dcl  StdTuple.dcl
     _system.dcl
StdCharList.dcl     StdEnum.dcl      StdFunc.icl  StdOrdList.icl  StdTuple.icl
arnout@sirach:~/progs/clean$

Help is appreciated very much!

--
Arnout Engelen <arnouten@sci.kun.nl>

Debian GNU/Linux - when code matters, not commercials