O Homem que calculava

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 18:08:58 +0100

Ana Maria Abrao wrote:

> We are thinking about an International Edition of Malba Tahan's tales.
> Since it will requires us to pay copyright to the State, of Malba Tahan,
> to Clean, and to BetaProlog, and since the copyright to a best seller
> writer is quite expensive, I would like to know whether people is
> interested in such a book before delving into the venture.

> Waiting for feedback (and games, and programs, and help with the
> translation, etc.).

I don't understand what copyright to Clean?? For lessons?
Anyway:

I have read O Homem que Calculava in 1962, almost 40 years ago, in
São Paulo, Brazil, and I still remember it! This was one of most
fascinating books on popular math I have seen.

I have no idea how is it possible to marry this with Clean, Prolog,
or whatever computerized, but the idea is really interesting.
What kind of programs, games, etc. are you thinking about?

Translation of what into what?

(Posso ajudar com a tradução, mas you seem to do it very well,
better than I could, anyway)

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France.