Unidentified subject!

Martin Wierich martinw@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:43:27 +0200

Hi Erik,

There is not such an instance. You can use the PState record as an environment
(see module osPrint08):

  :: *PState *s
     = { s :: s
       , io :: IOState s
       }

If this is unconvenient (e.g. because of uniqueness typing issues) you can use the
Files environment which you can retract from the IOState via the accFiles function:

  # (_, ioState) = accFiles (print p1 p2 p3 p4) ioState

This has the disadvantage that update events (under Windows) can't be handled while
printing. For handling update events the print function has to access the program state
(the "s" part in the PState record).

cheers
  Martin Wierich