Re[2]: Object IO, fast window redraw

Valery A.Khamenya khamenya@module.ru
Mon, 22 May 2000 20:03:46 +0400

Hello Peter, and clean-list

Dear Peter thank you very much for extremely quick answer.

Tuesday, May 23, 2000, 4:23:04 AM, you wrote:

PA> * use drawPoint instead of drawPointAt (the latter restores pen position,
PA> the first advances the pen position one pixel to the right)

done.

PA> * if you draw a number of points in one colour in one row/column it is
PA> faster to draw a line. Again, drawLine is faster than drawLineAt because
PA> the latter restores pen position).

not a my case :(

PA> * minimise switching pen/back colour

I can not becouse I draw a modified bitmap from real world and every pixel
has its own colour.
I also minimized setPenSize calls. but...

PA> Hope this helps,

I see no acceleration :(

the main delay as I guess stands for update window procedure in/after
every drawPoint call.

--
Best regards,
 Valery                            mailto:khamenya@module.ru