Yacc & Lex

Pieter Koopman pieter@cs.kun.nl
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:35:11 +0200

Hi Federico,

At 21:18 27/04/00 -0300, Federico Repond wrote:
>Are there available tools like C's Yacc & Lex for
>Concurrent Clean?

Not quite Yacc & Lex, but I'am working on a parser combinator library. I
try to find some time to improve it, but it is very usable right now.
The parser combinator library provides a set of higher order functions that
enables you to write a recursive descent parser for an (ambiguous) grammar
very quick, easy and clear. If you avoid unnecessary ambiguity the
generated parser is pretty efficient. See LNCS 1595 pp 120 for a
description. I can mail you the current version if you are interested.
The difference between this library and a Yacc & Lex solution is that no
separate tool is necessary.

Might this be what you are looking for?

Pieter Koopman