I am not able to run things compiled Object IO

Antonio Eduardo Costa Pereira costa@ufu.br
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:48:51 -0300

I have downloaded the new Object IO sometime ago. Then I
discovered that I could not run many of the projects given as
examples. I would get a protection error. The few projects work well,
but many of the larger ones raise the protection errors. Now, I have
downloaded the CleanIDE 2.0.  It starts fine, but if I try to do
anything, it raises the protection error. For instance, if I enter the
Environmente/New in the task menu, I get a message that can be
translated thus: This program has executed an illegal operation  (
(protection error). The same message happens if I try to open a
new icl file.

I usually use Clean in an old IBM PC 350 P90 with 32 M of memory.
Since Clean is so fast and generates tight code, I can use it in my
old machine. However, I thought that the problem could be memory.
Then, I installed the new CleanIDE in a modern Compaq with 64 M,
to no avail. I tryed it in many other computers, both with Windows
95 and Windows 98. I even tryed it in computers manufactured by
our neighbours, the Paraguayans (they are very good in producing
Scotch whisky, personal computers, watchs, etc; of course, their
only customers are the Brazilians). Usually, Paraguayan
equipament runs anything without complaining (for instance, their
DVD drivers play zones 1, 2, 3, 4). However, not even a
Paraguayan computer could run CleanIDE 2.0.
Did anybody else experience  the same problem with CleanIDE 2.0?
What do you suggest me to do?

Eduardo Costa