[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: clean home page]]

rinus plasmeijer rinus@cs.kun.nl
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:04:28 +0100

Dear "Valery A.Khamenya" <khamenya@module.ru>

You wrote:
> Hello WebMaster,
>
> It would be nice to...
>
> 1. ... to add a search service for your site (I was trying to find
> something on parsers in Clean).

Yes, that would be nice. I will see if I can find some tool to do that.
By the way, if you click on the site map, you will see a search option.
It is a rather limited feature, since it only searches in the title of the pages.

> (Of course we should be patient but...)
> 2. ... to add some news about new Clean compiler 2.0 and IDE 2.0.
> E.g. it is easier to be patient if some dates are announced.

It is very easy to announce dates, but it is very difficult to meet those dates.
Even Microsoft has difficulties to deliver according to their schedules.
Anyhow, we have the policy to release new software only when this software is tested and is working
without problems for some weeks.

The Clean IDE 2.0 is running fine for months now. We will try to release it next week.

It will take a bit longer before we can release the Clean 2.0 compiler.
Although the compiler can compile most programs (among which itself) there are still many rough
edges
(error messages, bugs, efficiency issues) to deal with.
We do our best.

Greetings,

Rinus