[ANN] new version Object I/O Library 1.2 (Windows only)

Peter Achten peter88@cs.kun.nl
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:47:03 +0100

ANNOUNCEMENT

Version 1.2 of the Object I/O Library has been released. It is only
available for the Windows platform (we are working on a Macintosh version
as well).

Information about the library can be found here:

http://www.cs.kun.nl/~clean/About_Clean/page_modified/page_modified.html

You can download the library here:

ftp://ftp.cs.kun.nl/pub/Clean/supported/ObjectIO.1.2/windows/ObjectIO12.zip

The zip file (7.8MB unzipped) contains the following folders:

1. Game Examples      three 2D platform games written in the game library (2)
2. GameLib            the game library, written by Mike Wiering, requires (3)
3. ObjectIO           the Object I/O library for GUI applications
4. ObjectIO Examples  examples of the Object I/O library (3)
5. Tcp                the TCP library, written by Martin Wierich, requires (3)
6. Tcp Examples       examples of Clean programs using TCP (5)

We have also updated the 'Tutorial to the Clean Object I/O Library'.
Information about the tutorial can be found here:

http://www.cs.kun.nl/~clean/Manuals/Object_I_O_1_2_Tutorial/object_i_o_1_2_t
utorial.html

You can download it as a gzipped PostScript format (24MB unzipped!) and PDF
format (1.1MB):

ftp://ftp.cs.kun.nl/pub/Clean/supported/ObjectIO.1.2/doc/tutorial.ps.gz
ftp://ftp.cs.kun.nl/pub/Clean/supported/ObjectIO.1.2/doc/tutorial.pdf

The tutorial also contains a lot of examples. They have been zipped, and
you can download them here:

ftp://ftp.cs.kun.nl/pub/Clean/supported/ObjectIO.1.2/doc/TutorialExamples.zip

Comments and bug reports can, as usual, be directed to clean@cs.kun.nl.

Regards,

The Clean Team