Clean 1.3.2 (68k)

Matt Fairtlough matt@fairtlough.force9.co.uk
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 23:26:28 +0100

Hello Martin, thanks for the reply.

>Let's first exclude the trivial sources for that error:
>    - Are you sure that you used the Clean 1.3.2 distribution as a whole ?
>Using
>the 0.8.1 IOInterface with an older 68KMacInterface or StdEnv from previous
>releases will not work.

I am assuming that as I downloaded the entire distribution as it was, and ran
the Clean IDE from it, and set the paths to point to the libraries in the
distribution, that it is unlikely that older versions were being used.  It
is
difficult to be absolutely certain (for instance, when I run the Clean IDE
1.3.2,
I get a welcome banner saying Clean 1.3 and there seems to be no way to get the
precise version number of the compiler from within the IDE) without
removing all
traces of earlier systems, which I am reluctant to do.  But as far as I can
tell,
yes.

>    - Is there a file "CPrinter.obj1" in the "68KMacInterface:Clean System
>Files:"
>folder ?

Yes.

>    - What happens if you add the following import statement to the main
>module:
>"import CPrinter"

same problem occurs.  Compilation ok, linking fails.

>Matt Fairtlough wrote:
>
>> I try to run the example module
>>
>> printFileWithHeader
>>
>> which is in Clean 1.3.2 (68k)/IO Examples
>>0.8/printing/printFileWithHeader.icl
>>
>> The program compiles, but I get the error message below on trying to run
>> it (and similar messages when I try to run other programs).

Matt Fairtlough
22 Harley Road
Sheffield S11 9SE
0114 236 2067 (tel. and fax ('phone before faxing))
matt@fairtlough.force9.co.uk