use gui to build gui

Matt Fairtlough m.fairtlough@dcs.shef.ac.uk
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 12:54:25 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

I asked on this list a little while ago for help in accessing Ana's
home page, and Marcel Kollenaar has been very helpful in sending me
material from her pages, for which I am grateful.  I have now found a
way of reading her pages directly (using HotJava).

However, I still have not been able to find the sources for the GUI
builder that Eduardo Costa refers to in his letter of 17th July
excerpted below.

I found pages such as http://www.deene.ufu.br/clean/clean1.html (which
Ana refers to as Home) and also
http://www.deene.ufu.br/clean/index.html, but neither seems to contain
or lead to a link to the sources

I have found code for a slide viewer and Clean program which generates
Java animations, but neither is what I am looking for.  I have the
clean Object IO libraries too.

Has anyone else been able to find the sources?  Perhaps you could
help, Eduardo?  We are still hoping to be able to use the code in our
teaching.

Thanks in anticipation for any help,

Matt.

  Ana Maria is in Netherlands right now.
  As for the editor, the situation is the following:

  1) Ana and co-workers(Saulo and Luiz Claudio) wrote a visual
  editor to generate code for the Java VM. The source of this
  editor is in her homepage.

  2) The next step was to adapt the Java VM editor to generate Clean
  source.
  To this end, she changed the code generator, in order to get a Clean
  program, instead of Java VM bytecode. She used the IO Library 0.8.
  The editor is acceptable, and I am using it to teach undergraduate
  students how to program in Clean.

  Eduardo Costa