Window ScrollBars

Ron Wichers Schreur ronny@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:42:45 +0200

Sven Eric wrote (to the Clean Discussion list):

> [The Linker] sometimes builds an illegal executable for a larger project.
> I.e. an executable of only half the size, which gives runtime errors.
> [..] Sometimes the Linking process brings down the complete CleanIDE.
> Is this a known problem?

This sounds as if the linker doesn't have enough memory to read all object
modules into memory. The linker is part of the CleanIDE, so you have to
increase the heap size of the IDE. For the Mac this can be done with the
CleanOptions utility:

<ftp://ftp.cs.kun.nl/pub/Clean/Clean13/mac/CleanOptions124.ppc.sea.hqx>

Users of the CleanIDE on Windows (and Unix) can solve this problem by using
the heap size option when starting the CleanIDE. For example:

    "D:\Users\Ronny\Develop\Clean 1.3.2\CleanIDE.exe" -h 10M

I find it convenient to put this in a shortcut. Create a shortcut to the
CleanIDE. Right-click on the shortcut and choose Properties, choose the
Shortcut tab and append " -h 10M" (without the quotes) to the target field.
If you now start the CleanIDE by double clicking the shortcut it will run
with a 10MB heap.

Cheers,

Ronny Wichers Schreur