world as value

Marco Kesseler mke@oce.nl
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:11:35 +0200

Adrian wrote (amongst others)
>> I think the answer is yes, even if you're a Haskell or Clean user.
>> Why do you think otherwise?
>
>Because I can't express non-deterministic programs in Haskell or Clean. I can
>build deterministic components of non-deterministic systems in Haskell or
>Clean, but I will always need outside 'black box' help to complete the system.
>What I want to do is describe my entire system in 1 language.

Again, I mostly agree with you, but one thing makes me wonder.
Why is it so important to write the entire system in 1 language?

regards,
Marco

Marco Kesseler
Oce-Technologies B.V.
St. Urbanusweg 43, Venlo, The Netherlands
P.O. Box 101, 5900 MA Venlo, The Netherlands
telephone +31 77 359 5158
fax       +31 77 359 5450
e-mail    mke@oce.nl