world as value

Adrian Hey ahey@iee.org
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 13:04:48 +0100 (BST)

On Mon 21 Jun, Bjorn Lisper wrote:
> Not necessarily. Chronological order of inputs can be modeled by sequences
> if inputs in a pure functional setting, and the output does not necessarily
> have to be a sequence where the elements are directly related to the
> corresponding elements in the input sequence. Think of sorting, for
> instance.

I suppose what I mean by 'responding to events in chronological order' is:

 "Given the same sequence of events, occuring in the same order, the output
  response sequence will always be the same, regardless of the actual time
  intervals between input events".

Of course, this doesn't imply a 1:1 correspondance between input events and
reponses.

Regards
--
Adrian Hey