solaris io?

Matt Fairtlough m.fairtlough@dcs.shef.ac.uk
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 12:20:22 +0100 (BST)

Dear Cleaners,

I know that the Unix iolib is not supported, so I will not be too
disappointed if no-one can help me, but I was wondering if it was
possible to use it at all under solaris (2.)7.  I have a sun sparc
machine.

I seem to be able to compile the iolib 0.8 ok, but when I try to run
the iodemos, I get the error message:

make[1]: Entering directory `/share/lax.1/matt/packages/clean/iodemos/Life'
clm -sl x -nw -I ../IOUtilities LifeGameExample -o LifeGameExample
Can't find x.lo
make[1]: *** [LifeGameExample] Error 1

We have the xview toolkit, but I can find no reference to files of the
form x.lo anywhere.

I believe I have the latest version of the Clean compiler (the one
distributed with the new CleanIDE for Unix).

any help much appreciated,

Matt.