CFGs / Parser Generator

Pieter Koopman pieter@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:20:32 +0200

At 12:01 PM 4/8/99 +0200, Christian Wartena wrote:
>I have two questions:
>
>1. Does anyone have some standard code for reading in context--free
>grammars and corresponding type definitions for grammars, rules,
>nonterminal symbols etc.?
>
>2. Does anyone have a Clean implementation of Earley's algorithm?

Not as far as I know, but I think we have something better: parser
combinators.
Parser combinators are a set of higher order functions to construct
recursive descent parser very easy. These combinators are able to handle
ambiguous grammars. For deterministic grammars the parser combinators can
yield very efficient parsers.
I can make a paper describing the efficient implementation and the
implementation available,

Pieter Koopman