CLAS

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@atlas.otago.ac.nz
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:29:26 +1300 (NZDT)

I asked
	>Neither do I, as the "ugh" indicates.  Unifies is certainly dead wrong,
	>because it does not have any connection with "making unique".  To all
	>Clean list readers:  what _is_ a good word for making something unique
	>so that the * annotation can correctly be used with it?

W. Clodius suggests

	distinguishes, isolates, differentiates, segregates, discriminates

Trouble is, not one of them, not one single one, has an appropriate
meaning.  We want a short clear agreed way to say "make a unique copy of
(something)".  This applies to Mercury too, which shares Clean's idea of
building uniqueness into the type system.