Open Clean Source

Antonio Eduardo Costa Pereira costa@ufu.br
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:08:47 -0200

Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> Sun gave me the *full* Java sources just for the asking a couple of
> years ago (so it was for academic research, so Clean could be the same).

Dear O'Keefe.
I don't know whether the offert is still valid. However, when we
discovered the existence of Clean (one year and a half ago),
Clean page had a note on sources. They said that they didn't distribute
sources for obvious reasons (they didn't say what the obvious
reasons were)... However, if you had strong motives to get
the sources, they could consider releasing them to you.
Of course, they may have changed their mind on the subject,
but I think that if Clean Green Dating Agency's officials ask
them the sources to comply with the inspector requests, they
would release it. Of course, they would release Clean 2.0
sources (in Clean), which may be ready by 2002.

Eduardo Costa
Alex
Ana