Open Source Clean?

Andrew Butterfield Andrew.Butterfield@cs.tcd.ie
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:15:53 +0000

I think this is an excellent idea

I am considering developing a large system - in Clean, but colleagues
of mine have pointed out the potential risks - I could find suddenly that
my software becomes obsolete after an OS revision - the current situation
is that Nijmegen have to  put a lot of effort into keeping up with OS
revisions, as well as working on improving Clean itself.

I consider Clean to be the best language available for my purposes,
so I would welcome any development that copper-fastens its position.

Hopefully the Clean developers would like the "keep up with the OSs"
pressure to be relieved to some degree !

Andrew Butterfield,                           Location: LG.19
Dept. of Computer Science,               Tel: +353-1-608-2517
O'Reilly Institute,                      Fax: +353-1-677-2204
Trinity College,
Dublin 2, IRELAND.        mailto:Andrew.Butterfield@cs.tcd.ie