Clean on FreeBSD using Linux ELF?

Matthew Lye mlye@trentu.ca
Sat, 06 Dec 1997 14:27:22 -0400

On 12/6/97 02:59 PM, William Wanders wrote:
>It would certainly be nice to have native Clean compiler for FreeBSD.
>And for that matter also for NetBSD, BSDI, SGI, HPUX, SCO ISC and so on.

Hmm...  I'm not sure, but isn't Clean still compiled first to pABC code?
I was under the impression that this was a more-or-less common abstract
assembly language.
In that case, there might be native pABC assemblers, and one could get by
with just porting the Stdio components ...

On the other hand, the subject is far, far beyond my expertese, and if
pABC is found only in cs.kun.nl-land, I have not one but two apologies to
make.

Matt Lye.