Maximum Picture Domain

Erik Zuurbier F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 06:06:33 +0100

The 1993 Clean Book says that the 0.8 IO-library
contains the constant MaxPictureDomain in module deltaSystem.
In reality, it does not. I was looking for this because
I have a program with a scroll window based on a picture domain
of a few hundred pixels wide and 33135 pixels down.
When I scroll to the end (down), the (re)drawing function does not
behave there, nor does painting the background colour.

The number of pixels, 33135, is just exceeding 2 to the
power of 15. Does that happen to be a maximum? If so, wouldn't
it be nicer if the system (the compiler, say) observed this
and would cut off any picture domain to the maximum?

Is what I observed still happening in the 1.0 IO-library?

Regards Erik Zuurbier