OOP (brief followup)

Arthur Gold agold@bga.com
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:26:42 -0600

The major point I was trying to make is that by restricting dynamic types
with type classes gets around the idea of generating functions with a
(potentially) infinite number of pattern clauses, as well as being type
safe. It's really a case of doing something a programmer could already do
by hand (specifying wrappers for each possible type) in a 'Clean'-er manner.

--Artie

   Arthur Gold                     Austin, Texas
 ** artiegold@weirdness.com  agold@cs.utexas.edu  **

"`Go to' considered harmful" -- E. Dijkstra
"Go to, go to!" -- W. Shakespeare (Hamlet Act I. Sc. III L. 118)