Clean 1.1 for Linux

rinus plasmeijer rinus@cs.kun.nl
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 10:09:26 +0200

>Has anyone got it to compile?  If I type "make io" I get as far as
>"Assembling StdReal" before the assembler complains
>  Error:  Alignment not a power of 2
>on a variety of lines in StdReal (675,818,916,928,977,993).
>
>Anyone?
>

>Gregory D. Baker        gbaker@rp.csiro.au         CSIRO Radiophysics

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for telling us of the problems with the new Linux version.

Unfortunately, our Linux goeroe who installed this particular version
of Clean left on holiday just after the installation.
He will be back the first of September.
Lots of people are still on holiday.
Currently there is nobody else here who is familiar with the Linux
installation, so we can't help.
I feel very unhappy with this, we do heavily test
each release on each platform.
However, the Linux environment is a fast changing environment
while we here in Nijmegen have only fw people who are using it.

We will fix the problem as soon as possible.

Greetings and many excuses,

Rinus Plasmeijer