INAP 96 CFP

Oskar Bartenstein oskar@IFComputer.co.jp
Fri, 17 May 96 19:11:43 JST

I forward to you the Call for Papers for the

9th Symposium and Exhibition on Industrial Applications of Prolog
(INAP'96) to be held at the Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of
Technology in Hino, Tokyo Japan, on Oct 16-19, 1996.

which I just received from T. Yagihashi of Ren Associates.
Details are in
	http://www.biz.isar.de/ifcomputer/inap96/
	http://www.biz.isar.de/ifcomputer/inap95/
Please let me know if you want a postscript or faxed version.

Hope you like it and find the topics interesting!

Oskar Bartenstein

oskar@IFComputer.co.jp          Tel +81-3-5814-3352
IF Computer Japan Limited       Fax +81-3-5814-3357

INAP-96
The 9th Exhibition and Symposium on
Industrial Applications of Prolog

16-19 October 1996
Hino, Tokyo Japan
===================================

Call for Papers
---------------
The Ninth Exhibition and Symposium on Industrial Applications of Prolog will be
held in Tokyo Japan on 16-19 October 1996. The conference provides a forum for
researchers and practitioners working on industrial Prolog applications to exchange
research ideas and to share development experiences. INAP consists of technical
presentations, keynote address, panel discussion, reception party and the simultaneous
exhibition.

Submissions Details
-------------------

Papers in English or Japanese should not be more than 8 pages A4. Apply by June 20
1996 with the authors' names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone and
facsimile numbers, paper title and abstract. Authors of accepted papers are expected
to present their papers at the conference in English or Japanese.

Important Dates
---------------
        20 June         1996             Deadline for application
        20 July         1996             Notification of acceptance
        20 September    1996             Deadline for camera-ready copies

INAP Target Focus and Audience
------------------------------

Prolog is famous as the first very high level programming language and for its
unique potential as a specification, artificial intelligence and general purpose
programming language.

Due to the growing number and economic importance of industrial applications of
Prolog based systems there is increasing need for information exchange catering to a
sophisticated and critical audience in order to discuss achievements, trends, needs and
problems of commercial users.

INAP is a forum to discuss results and potential of the application of Prolog in
products, production, management, services and software engineering, together with
requirements, tools, programming techniques and standards necessary to satisfy
technological and economic constraints.

Authors are invited to submit full manuscripts or extended abstracts in English or
Japanese on applications of Prolog including but not limited to:

         - Agents                - Concurrent Engineering
         - Business Processes    - Electronic Data Interchange
         - Design                - Documentation
         - Emotion Engineering   - Optimization
         - Quality Control       - Multimedia
         - Visualization

Address papers and enqiries to:
------------------------------
Mr. Toshiaki Yagihashi
INAP Organizer's Office
REN Associates, Inc.
2-12-14 Hamamatsucho, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105 Japan
Tel +81-3-3433-2543 Fax +81-3-5403-7216
ren.associates@jsn.justnet.or.jp
http://www.biz.isar.de/ifcomputer/inap96/

Organized by:
=============
INAP Organizing Committee
Prolog Association of Japan

Chairman:
Shuichi Fukuda, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Technology, Japan

Program Committee:
Yoshihiro Adachi, Toyo University, Japan
Oskar Bartenstein, IF Computer Japan, Japan
Key-Sun Choi, KAIST, Center for Artificial Intelligence Research, Korea
Hon Wai Chun, City University, Hong Kong
Andrew Davison, University of Melbourne, Australia
Robin Drogemuller
James Cook Univ of North Queensland, Australia
Alexander Herold, ECRC, Germany
Tohru Ihara, Chuo University, Japan
Masatomo Inui, Ibaragi University, Japan
Geun Sik Jo, Inha University, Korea
Uk Kim, Hong-Ik University, Korea
Nobukuni Kino, ISAC, Japan
Yoshiki Kishi, Ibaragi University, Japan
Isao Nagasawa, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
Mihoko Okada, Suzuka Medical School, Japan
Takao Ozaki, Keizo, Japan
David Pearce, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, Germany
Al Roth, Prolog Management Group, UK
Roger Scowen, National Physical Laboratory, UK
Gert Smolka, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, Germany
Naoyuki Tamura, Kobe University, Japan
Jiro Tanaka, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Takushi Tanaka, Fukuoka Institute of Technology, Japan
Takao Terano, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Masanobu Umeda, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
Osamu Yoshie, Science University of Tokyo, Japan
Hajime Yoshino, Meiji Gakuin University, Japan
Matthew Yuen, Univ. of Science and Technology, Hong Kong

Special Advisors:
Hideyuki Nakashima, Electrotechnical Laboratory, Japan
Toshio Yokoi, Electrotechnical Laboratory, Japan

In Cooperation with:
Association of Logic Programming
bit Computer Science Magazine
EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation
European Computer Industry Research Centre
German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan
German National Research Center for Computer Science
International Society for Applied Intelligence
International Society for Productivity Enhancement
Japanese Cognitive Science Society
Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence
Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Practical Application of Prolog
Prolog Management Group
Robotics Society of Japan

Conference Office:

REN Associates, Inc.

---------------

INAP'96 Information Request Sheet    Fax +81-3-5403-7216

TO:    INAP
       Mr. Toshiaki Yagihashi
       REN Associates, Inc.
       2nd Nichika Bldg, 2-12-14 Hamamatsucho, Minato-ku
       Tokyo 105, Japan
       Tel +81-3-3433-2543  Fax +81-3-5403-7216
       ren.associates@jsn.justnet.or.jp

I AM INTERESTED IN INAP'96

    o  I may present a paper.  Tentative Title:

    o  I may attend as a delegate. Please keep me informed.

    o  Our company may want to become a sponsor.
       Please  send info on the INAP Sponsor Package

    o  Our company/institute may want to exhibit.
       Please send info on the INAP Exhibitor Package

    o  I may be able to hold a workshop on:

    o  I may be able to chair an organized session on:

    o  My organization may be able to cooperate with INAP.
       Please contact me on this.

    o  I would like to suggest the following person to
       join the INAP Program Committee:

MY ADDRESS:
             Name: ____________________________________
Comments/Requests: