Re2: [help] trouble installing clean on linux

Jonathan Westley Moody jwmoody@nimitz.ecn.uoknor.edu
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 12:11:16 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Miguel Lorenzo Turbon wrote:

> Jonathan Westley wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the tip. It allowed me to get the basic
> > clean system compiled, but the GUI libraries are still
> > inoperative. Are yours working?
>
> I've all the system working. What's really your problem, compiling the
> libraries ? Compiling programs that use the libraries ?

Compiling the iodemos is the problem. I get *lots* of
"undefined reference to `xxxx'" messages:

clm -sl x -nw FractalDemo -o FractalDemo
Warning [Mandelbrot.icl]: derived strictness properties approximated
Warning [Mandelbrot.icl]: not all derived strictness information is exported
Warning [FractalTypes.icl]: not all derived strictness information is exported
Warning [Complex.icl]: not all derived strictness information is exported
/usr/lib/clean/iolib/libCleanxv.a(cdialog.o): In function `init_dialog':
/usr/lib/clean/iolib/xv/cdialog.c:101: undefined reference to `xv_unique_key'
/usr/lib/clean/iolib/xv/cdialog.c:102: undefined reference to `xv_unique_key'
<big snip>
/usr/lib/clean/iolib/xv/cdialog.c:345: undefined reference to `xv_set'
/usr/lib/clean/iolib/xv/cdialog.c:351: undefined reference to `xv_set'
/usr/lib/clean/iolib/xv/cdialog.c:352: undefined reference to `notify_interpose_event_func'
/usr/lib/clean/iolib/xv/cdialog.c:357: undefined reference to `notify_interpose_event_func'
<big snip>
Assembling Complex
Linking FractalDemo
make: *** [FractalDemo] Error 1

> Have you installed the old libraries (aout)  of xview in
> /usr/i486-linuxaout/lib ?

You're talking about the files (libxview.a, libolgx.a);
right?

They weren't there, but they were in /usr/openwin/lib; I
made links to put them there, but I still got the same
response.

Jonathan