[help] trouble installing clean on linux

Miguel Lorenzo Turbon burton@ceu.fi.udc.es
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 16:58:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Jonathan Moody wrote:

> Dear Clean users,
>
> I am attempting to install clean on a slackware linux
> system. I have the latest version of slackware which
> uses ELF format.

I've installed Clean with Slackware 3.0 ELF

> Despite following the directions found in the README.ELF
> file, I received the following error messages while
> building clean using "make install":
>
>	StdClassList.s: Assembler messages:
>	StdClassList.s:5535: Error: Alignment not a power of 2
>	StdClassList.s:5660: Error: Alignment not a power of 2
>	StdClassList.s:5829: Error: Alignment not a power of 2
>	make[1]: *** [StdClassList.o] Error 1
>	make: *** [install_stdenv] Error 2

I had the same problem than you, my solution was to remove the Clean
directory, uncompress the tar again and make all the changes (patches..)
before any compilation.

It seems the "make cleanup" forgets something

burton@ceu.fi.udc.es
Miguel Lorenzo Turbon