[FieldTrip] FieldTrip MEG/EEG toolkit at Donders: registration open

Oostenveld, R. (Robert) robert.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Tue Mar 26 10:02:15 CET 2024

Dear all,

>From May 27-31 2024 we will again host the FieldTrip MEG/EEG toolkit course at the Donders in Nijmegen. The toolkit course is aimed at PhD and postdoctoral researchers that already have some experience with EEG and/or MEG data acquisition (eithert a pilot or a full study) and that have a good understanding of their own experimental design. Furthermore, for successful participation in the advanced topics you need to know the basics of MATLAB and already have some experience with MEG/EEG preprocessing and analysis.

We will demonstrate EEG, MEG and OPM data acquisition and teach you advanced data analysis methods and cover preprocessing, frequency analysis, source reconstruction, analysis methods such as RSA and TRFs, and various statistical methods. Furthermore, we will give attention to good practices for reproducible research and open science. The toolkit will consist of a number of interactive online lectures, followed by Q&A sessions. Besides lectures we will have interactive hands-on sessions in which you will be tutored through the complete analysis of a MEG/EEG data set using the FieldTrip toolbox. There will be plenty of opportunity to interact and also ask questions about your research and data. On the final day you will have the opportunity to work on your own dataset under supervision of skilled tutors.

There are 38 places available for this toolkit. From past experience we expect the course to be oversubscribed, hence we will start with pre-registration. The selection of participants will be based on the background experience, the research interest and the expectations on what you will learn. We prefer the group to be reasonably homogeneous in level and expertise of the participants, as this improves the overall interaction. The deadline for pre-registration is April 15 2024.

More information, including registration details and the tentative program can be found at http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/workshop/toolkit2024/<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldtriptoolbox.org%2Fworkshop%2Ftoolkit2024%2F&data=05%7C02%7Cfieldtrip%40science.ru.nl%7C2945e60130314d7735b008dc4d736ee1%7C084578d9400d4a5aa7c7e76ca47af400%7C1%7C0%7C638470405362129068%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=57nXI4W3kmgMSuvk8Citbnj4mqvhVOh2265WRwKMMwY%3D&reserved=0>.

best regards
Robert Oostenveld and Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen

Robert Oostenveld, PhD

Associate Principal Investigator
Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands

Affiliated Professor
NatMEG - the Swedish National MEG facility
Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden

tel.: +31 6 31132599
e-mail: robert.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
web: http://www.ru.nl/donders