[FieldTrip] 2 Groups, multiple conditions statistical analysis

Topkan, Tugberk Tugberk.Topkan at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Sun Jan 14 20:16:39 CET 2024

Hi Fieldtrip experts,

I have a dataset of 2 groups (patient and control), each includes 21 participants, and all participants completed a task with 4 conditions.

I am interested in revealing the main effect and interaction effect of groups.

I have read a previous reply of Eric Mari suggesting a depsamplesT test.

https://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2011-January/003447.html

I also came across another explanation from Fieldtrip suggesting a indepsamplesT test.
https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_can_i_test_an_interaction_effect_using_cluster-based_permutation_tests/

I think I misunderstand something. I would like to ask for your help to know which statistical method is required for my goal.

Thanks in advance,

Andac Topkan

University of Leipzig