[FieldTrip] Seeking Guidance on Aligning EGI 128 Electrode Positions with Standard_bem Head Model

二姬 wcy131608 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 12:09:01 CET 2024

Dear Jan-Mathijs,

Thank you very much for your insightful suggestions regarding the alignment
of the EGI 128 electrode system.

I would like to clarify my earlier mention of unusual source localization
results obtained using the 'interactive' method. Specifically, some of my
source analysis indicated significant activations in deep brain structures,
such as the cerebellum, which seemed challenging to reconcile with my
experimental hypotheses. However, after re-aligning the electrode positions
(notably adjusting the fit of the electrode system, which initially seemed
too small and tight relative to the head model), I observed nearly
identical cerebellar activations. This consistency in results, despite the
electrode position adjustments, has reassured me, especially in light of
your advice.

Moving forward, I plan to try the eloreta method for source analysis to see
if the results align with those currently obtained. Once again, I am
grateful for your guidance and the time you took to address my concerns.

Best regards,

Chengyuan Wu
Ningbo Kangning Hospital

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) via fieldtrip <fieldtrip at science.ru.nl>