[FieldTrip] Optimal settings for ft_artifact_zvalue for detecting electrode pops

Alain de Cheveigne alain.de.cheveigne at ens.psl.eu
Mon Feb 5 10:37:23 CET 2024

Does anyone know how those "pops" are produced?  Their sharp onset and slow decay suggest a first-order high-pass filter, but that is not consistent with the DC characteristics of the device.

My guess is that the basic phenomenon is a step-like change in electrode offset, similar to a SQUID jump, and that the device compensates for it to keep in range, according to some non-linear and/or switching mechanism. The slow decay would reflect that mechanism. If so, it would be nice to know more about it.

Any insights?

Alain