[FieldTrip] Imprinting generic head model electrode positions from ANT Neuro xensor in scalp mesh

Nunez Ponasso, Guillermo gcnunez at wpi.edu
Fri Feb 2 20:38:25 CET 2024

Dear Fieldtrip community,

My name is Guillermo Nunez Ponasso, and I am a postdoc at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute, working with Prof. Sergey Makaroff's team.

Currently, I am working with EEG recordings from 256-channel ANT Neuro caps. The data includes the EEG time series, and geometric data in the form of a generic mesh (consisting of nodes and triangles) with nodes given by electrode positions, which were digitized using ANT Neuro xensor. To be more precise, I have geometric data of the form

<electrode_label> : <x_coord> <y_coord> <z_coord>

for each of the 256 channels, and a list of triangles given by electrode labels.

I am interested in imprinting/coregistering these generic positions to appropriate positions on each patient's scalp mesh from MRI. Is there a way to achieve this using FieldTrip?

Any help is much appreciated.

Best,
Guillermo