[FieldTrip] Meaning of the name "FieldTrip"

Blanke, Tobias blanket at ifado.de
Tue Apr 23 12:17:18 CEST 2024

Hello everyone!

During lunch last week, we were wondering what the name FieldTrip means or refers to.
While we can see that the field part might have something to do with the analysis of magnetic fields, we didn’t come up with a solution for “Trip”.
Is it that you, the user, are going on a trip of analyzing magnetic fields? Is it an abbreviation for something?
Does anyone know? 😊

Greetings from Germany, Tobi

Tobias Blanke
Leibniz-Institut für Arbeitsforschung an der Technischen Universität Dortmund (IfADo)
Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors
Ardeystr. 67
D-44139 Dortmund

phone: +49-231-1084-364
fax: +49-231-1084-401