[FieldTrip] Help on the ft_postfreesurferscript.sh Tutorial

Michael Houston m.jameshouston81 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 16:42:03 CEST 2024

Hello! I am new to HCP Workbench and am intending to use it to downsample
cortical meshes after their creation in Freesurfer to finally use them in
Fieldtrip toolbox for EEG source analysis according to the tutorial in this
link (https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/sourcemodel/).

Prior to running ft_postfreesurferscript.sh the tutorial states that I need
to make sure the HCP workbench module is loaded and ready to use. However,
when I run <module load hcp-workbench> I am told that the module command
does not exist. After researching, it looked like I needed to enable the
universe repository, which I did. Afterwards, the module command still did
not work. Another search led me to look for a file under
/etc/profile.d/modules.sh. However, it would appear that under Ubuntu 22.04
such a directory does not exist.

For further context, I am running Ubuntu 22.04 under WSL on a
machine natively running Windows 11. If there is any other information I
should provide that I missed, please let me know. Thank you!

Thanks,
Michael
mjhouston2 at uh.edu
MSBE '20, University of Houston