[FieldTrip] 1/f exponent from ft_freqanalysis

Jennifer Cooke jennifer.cooke at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 5 18:31:48 CEST 2024

Hi there,

I'm new to 1/f analysis but familiar with Fieldtrip. This might be an obvious question but I'm wondering if/where you can extract the 1/f exponent value using the following code: https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/example/fooof/

When cfg.output for ft_freqanalysis is set to 'fooof_aperiodic' I see you get parameter info in data.fooofparams (or in the above case fractal.fooofparams) but I can't see the exponent info? Unless it's in r-squared - but I am assuming that is model fit?

Many Thanks for your help.

All the best,

Jenny