[FieldTrip] Two PhD positions at the University of Twente, NL

Maria Carla Piastra mcarlapiastra at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:13:24 CET 2023

Dear all,

We are looking for two PhD students working at the group of Clinical
Neurophysiology (https://www.utwente.nl/en/tnw/cnph/), University of Twente
(UT), on computational models for the treatment of epilepsy with deep brain
stimulation. This is in collaboration with Robert Oostenveld (Donders/RU),
Bettina Schwab (UT), Michel van Putten (UT).

Here is some more info:
“We are seeking two highly motivated PhD candidates to strengthen our
research. In Project 1, leveraging EEG data during DBS stimulation, you
will develop personalized biophysical models based on patient-specific
anatomical characteristics, bioelectrical signatures such as tissue
conductivity, and clinical outcomes. The application of state-of-the-art
finite element methods (FEMs) and source reconstruction methods will lead
to new strategies for DBS treatment optimization. In Project 2, using
simultaneous EEG and LFP recordings, you will build and validate a
multiscale approach that combines a mesoscopic model of the thalamocortical
projections involved during DBS stimulation and a macroscopic volume
conduction model based on EEG recordings.”

Here is the link to the vacancies:
https://utwentecareers.nl/en/vacancies/1484/two-phd-positions-to-study-computational-models-for-the-treatment-of-epilepsy-with-deep-brain-stimulation/

Please, spread the word! And contact me for further info.

All the best,
Maria-Carla Piastra