[FieldTrip] ITC and harmonic artefacts?

Ivaylo Iotchev ivaylo.iotchev at gmail.com
Mon May 8 13:04:22 CEST 2023

Dear community,

for some reason choosing the distancing between time-points defining
trial-start for my inter-trial coherence analysis seems to affect the
results... high coherence is observed for each frequency which is
x/distance. What is funny is that trial duration and exact timing of
pre-stimulus baseline and post-stimulus end are not influencing this
picture, only the distance between the points that define trial start. For
example if I space my trials starting points 750 milliseconds apart, I will
get increases for 1.3 Hz, 2.6 Hz, 4 Hz... eventually 8 Hz... and so on...

To some extent I wouldn't be surprised if these are effects related to
harmonics and I frankly do not expect a zero value for frequencies that are
harmonic to the frequencies of interest, but maybe I am running up an
artefact??

Bests,

Ivo