[FieldTrip] Unrecognized field name "dimord" during ft_timelockanalysis

Andy Kim andyk at usc.edu
Tue Jun 6 02:42:27 CEST 2023

Dear community,

My name is Andy Kim and I am trying to complete cluster-based permutation tests on event-related fields using the FieldTrip toolbox tutorial (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/cluster_permutation_timelock/__;!!HJOPV4FYYWzcc1jazlU!-SFXKQT1GL1-POlF7Tj2IUUkZ78bg-KMPsdhinve9Bd3ncr1xtEi7f54D21l6k0asfuAhWSb9wanXJa7lQ$ ). The issue I believe is that I have completed pre-processing using EEGLAB and converted the already pre-processed data using eeglab2fieldtrip.

ft_data_tar = eeglab2fieldtrip(EEG2, 'timelock’);

However, when I run ft_timelockanalysis, I get the following error.

timelock_tar    = ft_timelockanalysis(cfg, ft_data_tar);

The input is timelock data with 63 channels and 750 timebins
Unrecognized field name "dimord”.
Error in dimlength (line 74) elseif strcmp(data.(fld), 'rpt_pos’)
Error in fixsampleinfo (line 56) ntrial = dimlength(data, 'rpt’);
Error in ft_datatype_timelock (line 152) timelock = fixsampleinfo(timelock);
Error in ft_checkdata (line 281) data = ft_datatype_timelock(data, 'hassampleinfo', hassampleinfo);
Error in ft_timelockanalysis (line 83) data = ft_checkdata(data, 'datatype', {'raw+comp', 'raw'}, 'feedback', 'yes', 'hassampleinfo', 'yes');

Is this “dimord” field name an issue with the data conversion from EEGLAB to FieldTrip? I am not quite sure where to look and would appreciate any help in sending me in the right direction for debugging. Thank you.

Best,
Andy