[FieldTrip] Postdoctoral research position – Human Electrophysiology Studies in Autism (Prof. Molholm)

Shlomit Beker shlomitbeker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 23:01:18 CEST 2023

Dear FieldTrip community -

*A postdoctoral research position is available in the Department of
Neuroscience at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Cognitive
Neuropsychology Laboratory (CNL) of Dr. Sophie Molholm, PhD*. We are a
well-funded and highly productive lab (>100 publications and counting).We
work closely with a vibrant network of investigators within Einstein (Dr.
Ruben Coen-Cagli, PhD, Department of Systems & Computational Biology; Dr.
Peter Kaskan, Department of Neurosurgery) as well as collaborators at the
University of Rochester Medical Center (Dr. John Foxe, Department of
Neuroscience) and the University of Bologna (Dr. Cristiano Cuppini,
Department of Electrical Engineering).

We use psychophysics, EEG, and clinical and cognitive assessments to study
attention, auditory and visual perception, multisensory processing, and
executive function, in typical and clinical populations. We also have
access to research MRI which we use as appropriate. In our work we strive
to advance understanding of sensory, perceptual and cognitive processing
with the use of cutting-edge methodologies and data analytic techniques. In
turn, we seek to apply this understanding to explore the processing
differences underlying clinical and developmental disorders such as autism
and schizophrenia.

Current projects on autism focus on neuro-oscillatory dysfunction,
predictive processing, CNS-ANS-Environment interactions, multisensory
speech perception, and the interplay of the sensory systems.  In addition,
we have ongoing projects on rare genetic conditions including Rett Syndrome
and Cystinosis, and in 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome and schizophrenia.

Successful applicants should have strong interests and skills in analyzing
multichannel neurophysiological data in both the spectral and temporal
domains and statistical and writing skills.  An interest in using
computational modeling and machine learning is a plus. A fully funded
position at NIH stipend levels with an initial appointment of two years is
available with the potential for continuation. Interested individuals may
send a CV and statement of interest to sophie.molholm at einsteinmed.edu.