[FieldTrip] Antw: [EXT] ft_sourceplot (Out of office)

Gregor Volberg Gregor.Volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jul 26 19:02:00 CEST 2023

Dear recipient,

I am out of the office until August 21st, 2023 and will not see your email until I return.

Kind regards,
Gregor Volberg

--
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Gregor Volberg
Adjunct Professor

Cognitive Neuroscience

Universität Regensburg
93040 Regensburg, Deutschland

Tel: +49 941 943 3862
Fax: +49 941 943 3233

Room PT 4.0.36
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4427-2409__;!!HJOPV4FYYWzcc1jazlU!9lSOXxN8QdOs07UafGPc4DHFAxsQr1vqsA-ezGU8bnWcpqHbjdfcf10NEIxM-_tBVDKdQhjOrkpHN6Nh4UXI_AO6pYX1tvbFnq52Nr6DxJ4FmPvv$

>>> Benedikt Wahl via fieldtrip <fieldtrip at science.ru.nl> 26.7.23 18:15 >>>

Dear Fieldtrip Community,

I am having some problems getting my interpolated statistic to plot and end up with a strange "swiss cheese" type image (see attached picture).

Specifically, I am trying to interpolate an arbitrary statistic ("Func" below) to the template anatomical.

Func =

  struct with fields:

     stat: [681×1 double]
      pos: [681×3 double]
    label: {681×1 cell}

My functional data has a lower resolution than the MRI and so the "pos" field wont line up with the anatomical. I am thus trying to use ft_sourceinterpolate "sphere_avg" method to thus map between the two:

% load template
templatefile = [ftpath '/template/anatomy/single_subj_T1.nii'];
template_mri = ft_read_mri(templatefile);
template_mri.coordsys = 'spm';

% run interpolation
cfg = [];
cfg.interpmethod = 'sphere_avg';
cfg.parameter = 'stat';
cfg.sphereradius = 20;
cfg.downsample    = 1;
src = ft_sourceinterpolate(cfg, Func, template_mri);

And then plot the resulting statistics overlaid with the anatomical in ortho view:

% plot
cfg              = [];
cfg.method       = 'ortho';
cfg.funparameter = 'stat';
cfg.opacitymap    = 'vup';
ft_sourceplot(cfg,src);

Running the code, the coefficients don't stretch out over the whole brain (see attached picture). How could I fix that?

The code as well as the necessary variables are attached to this mail.

Thank you very much!

Benedikt Wahl