[FieldTrip] New textbook announcement: Modern statistics

Mike X Cohen mikexcohen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 22:48:21 CET 2023

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am happy to announce the publication of my new textbook on statistics:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CQRGWGLY

It contains 200,000 words over almost 700 pages, and nearly 400 figures --
which you can reproduce and modify using the Python and R code that comes
free with the book on my GitHub site:
https://github.com/mikexcohen/Statistics_book

There are 150 exercises in the book; these are not just numerical
plug-and-chug exercises, but require some thought, creativity, and coding
to solve. All the solutions to all the exercises are in the online code,
and you can watch video explanations of the exercises and my solutions on
my YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn0OLiymPak2UwYv3MC58nNgKVqaZybAX

The book is available in paperback and ebook versions. Books with equations
and figures are difficult to format for ebooks, so the physical copy does
look a bit nicer, although the content is identical.

Happy mathing and best wishes :)
Mike

--
Mike X Cohen, PhD