[FieldTrip] Plantar pressure data

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Mon Aug 7 10:33:17 CEST 2023

Dear Lucija,

The fact that you get a p-value of 1 throughout (in combination with the cfg that you have used for ft_timelockstatistics) indicates that either:
-there are no data points that survive the a priori threshold for clustering, or
-the observed clusters in the data (after thresholding the T-statistic at the nominal level) yield a cluster-based test statistic that is smaller than any of the test statistics obtained for the null distribution.

With respect to the error you get when computing the difference of the average across subjects: you don’t specify it, but I suspect that the number of subjects with and without ulcer is different. But on the off change that this is not the case, I recommend to compute the average across subjects first (per condition), and then use ft_math to do the subtraction. Of course, you’d need to check (and ensure) that the data matrices are compatible, i.e. with respect to the channels and (number of) time points.

Good luck and keep up the good work,
Jan-Mathijs