[FieldTrip] common filter in DICS beamformer

philip Joadavi p.joadavi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:17:28 CEST 2022

Dear all,

I have a question about the common filter in DICS beamformer.
I read on the website that '' It is a requirement that the time windows in
all conditions are of equal length.''
I'm using data from the gait cycle, and I'm interested in specific phases
which have different lengths. so if consider one stride is 100%. then the
phases are 15% 35% 15% 35% each (for four phases).
I computed the common filter for the entire gait cycle [0-100%], and the
beamformers separately for each phase because I wanted to compare the
phases.

I was wondering what is the right way, do I need to compute the beamformers
separately without a common filter, or the way that I did with the common
filter is correct (considering the different lengths)?
and what is exactly the reason to have the conditions with the same length?

thanks a lot!
Philip