[FieldTrip] Scaling of Laplacian transformed ERPs

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Mon May 17 11:02:15 CEST 2021

Hi Tasha,

Since you are referring to FieldTrip as a plug-in to Brainstorm, it is not clear to us whether you are using (possibly outdated) fieldtrip code that comes shipped with Brainstorm, or whether you have computed the spatial derivatives in ‘plain’ up-to-date FieldTrip.

Hence, it is unclear what algorithm was used for the Laplacian, so it’s hard to comment about units to begin with. Also, since you are visualizing in Brainstorm, it’s Brainstorm that seems to interpret (and perhaps rescales) the numeric data and adds a unit-label to the ERP’s y-axis, so perhaps it’s better to ask your question to  François and his team.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs