[FieldTrip] registration now open for Donders MEG/EEG FieldTrip Tool-kit

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Mon Mar 15 16:58:15 CET 2021

Dear all

From 19-23 April 2021 we will again host the Donders MEG/EEG Tool-kit. Although we would have loved to welcome you in-person in Nijmegen, the ongoing COVID situation restricts traveling and large meetings. However, last year we experienced that in an online format the toolkit course is also really fun, effective and rewarding!

The toolkit course is aimed at PhD and postdoctoral researchers that already have some experience with EEG and/or MEG data acquisition (eithert a pilot or a full study) and that have a good understanding of their own experimental design. Furthermore, we expect that you know the basics of MATLAB and that you already have some experience with MEG/EEG preprocessing and analysis. We will teach you advanced data analysis methods and cover preprocessing, frequency analysis, source reconstruction, connectivity and various statistical methods. Furthermore, we will give attention to good practices for reproducible research, Open Data and Open Science.

The toolkit will consist of a number of interactive online lectures, followed by Q&A sessions. Besides lectures we will have interactive hands-on sessions in which you will be tutored through the complete analysis of a MEG/EEG data set using the FieldTrip toolbox. There will be plenty of opportunity to interact and also ask questions about your research and data. On the final day you will have the opportunity to work on your own dataset under supervision of skilled tutors.

All interactive sessions will take place between 10:00 and 17:00 CET, i.e. centered on the central European time zone. To benefit from the format and interaction, we expect that you will attend online. For some participants that might mean that they have to get up very early, while others might have to stay up very late. We will also record the lectures and provide them for offline viewing at another moment, but especially the participation in Q&A and hands-on sessions requires you being online at the same time as us. If you cannot be online, but want to watch the lectures anyway, have a look at https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/video/ <https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/video/>.

To ensure that we can give sufficient individual attention to everyone, we will limited the number of participants. From past experience we expect the course to be oversubscribed, hence we will start with pre-registration. The final selection of the participants will be based on the motivation, background experience and research interests that you provided in the registration form. The deadline for pre-registration is March 31, 2021.

More information, including information about the registration details and last year’s program can be found at http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/workshop/toolkit2021/ <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/workshop/toolkit2021/>.

best regards
Robert Oostenveld and Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen

Postal Address:
  PO Box 9101
  6500 HB NIJMEGEN
  The Netherlands