[FieldTrip] Computing connectivity matrix EEG 'array exceeds maximum array size preference'

Andrade Rey René rene.andrade at edu.uah.es
Wed Mar 3 19:10:24 CET 2021

Dear Fieldtrip experts:

I am trying to run a modified version of the field trip tutorial for connectivity analysis for eeg. I am still struggling for one issue.

Requested 42432x42432 (26.8GB) array exceeds maximum array size preference. Creation of
arrays greater than this limit may take a long time and cause MATLAB to become unresponsive.
See array size limit or preference panel for more information.

Error in univariate2bivariate (line 263)
          data.crsspctrm = (mom*mom')./nrpt;

Error in ft_connectivityanalysis (line 488)
        [data, powindx, hasrpt] = univariate2bivariate(data, 'mom', 'crsspctrm', dtype,
        'channelcmb', cfg.refindx, 'keeprpt', 0);

Error in fieldtrip_coherence (line 225)
source_conn = ft_connectivityanalysis(cfg, source);

How could I overcome this issue? Dividing the sample?

Best,
Rene Andrade.