[FieldTrip] Fwd: PhD/PostDoc in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience, Donders Institute

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Dec 16 16:37:51 CET 2021

Dear all,

On behalf of Uta Noppeney, see below for PhD and PostDoc opportunities in her group.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PhD and PostDoc positions in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience:  Multisensory Perception, Learning and Attention
The Multisensory Brain Lab<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.multisensorybrain.com/__;!!HJOPV4FYYWzcc1jazlU!_QdidFOnmzsBSdEVTiOCEButCdtm3-DOIbIpz4Tu92e1FS7R16I43SCYqgAOp0u0wwoLoM-7T1lukwXgVZmjbj2cag$> (Prof. Uta Noppeney) is looking for excellent and enthusiastic PhD students and PostDocs to investigate how the brain enables us to perceive, understand and interact effectively with the multisensory world around us.
When crossing a busy road our senses are bombarded with myriads of diverse signals. The effortless ease with which we merge these signals into a seamless percept masks the complexity of the computations and neural mechanisms involved. Multisensory integration raises some of the most fundamental questions for neural processing, notably decision-making, perceptual inference, learning, binding, attention and probabilistic computations. We combine behavioural, computational (Bayesian, neural network) and neuroimaging (fMRI, MEG, EEG, TMS) research to define the computations and neural mechanisms of sensory integration in the healthy and diseased human brain.
The Multisensory Brain Lab<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.multisensorybrain.com/__;!!HJOPV4FYYWzcc1jazlU!_QdidFOnmzsBSdEVTiOCEButCdtm3-DOIbIpz4Tu92e1FS7R16I43SCYqgAOp0u0wwoLoM-7T1lukwXgVZmjbj2cag$> is based at the internationally leading Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour. The centre provides an excellent multidisciplinary, interactive and collaborative research environment combining expertise in psychophysics, neuroimaging and computational modelling. It has onsite access to neuroimaging facilities including 3 T MRI, ultra-high-field 7T MRI, MEG, EEG and TMS.
Applicants should have a background in neuroscience, psychology, computer science, physics, engineering or related areas. Prior experience in neuroimaging, programming (e.g. MatLab), computational modelling and/or machine learning would be an advantage.
For further information, please get in touch with uta.noppeney at donders.ru.nl<mailto:uta.noppeney at donders.ru.nl>   or see:
https://www.multisensorybrain.com/research.html<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.multisensorybrain.com/research.html__;!!HJOPV4FYYWzcc1jazlU!_QdidFOnmzsBSdEVTiOCEButCdtm3-DOIbIpz4Tu92e1FS7R16I43SCYqgAOp0u0wwoLoM-7T1lukwXgVZk_X5hhRw$>  ;   https://www.ru.nl/donders/    ;   https://www.ru.nl/english/people/noppeney-u/
 To apply, please go to
PostDoctoral Position:
https://www.ru.nl/english/working-at/vacature/details-vacature/?recid=1180091&pad=%2fenglish&doel=embed&taal=uk
PhD Position: