[FieldTrip] Beamforming analysis in frequency band

Noa Hertz noahertz6 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 14:21:46 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I'm doing source analysis in the frequency domain of a resting-state data.
when doing the source analysis, I want to use several frequency bands of
interest, such as beta (13-30 Hz) and gamma (30-48 Hz).
My problem is about the cfg.frequency parameter, which must be a scalar
(whereas i'm interested in a frequency band). Arbitrarily choosing a
frequency in the middle of the range doesn't seem right.

What is the common practice when doing source analysis using this function?
Does the cfg.tapsmofrq parameter is supposed to enable choosing frequency
band instead of a single peak frequency?

Any suggestions will be very much helpful!

Thanks,
Noa

*This is the script I’m using:    cfg = [];    cfg.method ='mtmfft';
cfg.output ='fourier';    cfg.keeptapers = 'yes';    cfg.foilim = [30
48];    cfg.tapsmofrq = 2;
freqClosed=ft_freqanalysis(cfg,eyesClosed);    *

    cfg            = [];
    cfg.method='pcc';
    cfg.frequency  = 39; % must be a scalar
    cfg.lambda     = 0;
    cfg.vol        = vol;
    cfg.grid       = grid;
    cfg.feedback   = 'textbar';
    cfg.keepfilter='yes';
    source1         = ft_sourceanalysis(cfg, freqClosed);

--
My signature:

http://www.documentarywire.com/earthlings/